Healthcare Public Relations
RunSwitch PR, Kentucky’s largest public relations and public affairs agency, is looking for motivated individuals to engage with their wide range of healthcare clients. Members of the firm’s healthcare team provide a variety of in-depth client services, including communications strategy, media relations, crisis communications and issue advocacy.
We’re looking for strategic thinkers who want to work hard, quickly take responsibility, and continue to build the foundations of a strong communications career with a special emphasis on healthcare industry communications. The people who succeed at RunSwitch have a commitment to quality and an intense desire to learn, become experts in their clients’ subject matter and improve their professional skills.
We offer competitive pay, commissions, health, dental, vision, life, 401(K), a truly flexible workplace along with other benefits to our strong team. More importantly, we offer real experience and an opportunity to work on front-page issues impacting the business and policy of healthcare at the state and federal level.
We’re looking for candidates with a wide range of experience to fulfill various support roles for our clients. This includes junior level opportunities for those with one to three years of experience along with more senior roles for those with significant real-world expertise in healthcare public relations, corporate communications, health policy and issue advocacy.
- Media relations
- Extensive writing
- Content ideation and creation
- Issue advocacy
- Monitoring, analyzing and evaluating media coverage
- Event coordination/management
- Client support and reporting
- Strategic guidance
- Bachelor’s degree
- Public relations experience or interest
- Excellent written communication skills
- Flexibility and ability to cope well under pressure
- Organizational skills and the ability to multi-task daily
- Willingness to learn about new issues impacting healthcare at the state and federal levels
- Agency experience
- Corporate communications experience
- Healthcare communications
- Public policy and/or advocacy experience
- Social media experience